Item rental platform Dalinuosi.lt offers its members to earn from non-regularly used items by renting them only to registered users of the platform. Members provide us with information about themselves so that we can ensure the quality and security of the transaction, facilitate the rental process and improve the platform.
We also want members of our community to encourage user collaboration themselves, so we ask for your help in promoting our service. To do this, we have created tools which allow you to communicate to the world that sharing is a new force in our lives.
- what information do we collect and why;
- how do we use that information;
- how do we protect your information;
- how you can decide which information to share with us and which not.
- how you can access the collected information, download it for saving or transfering to another service.
Who are we?
Address: Saulėtekio al. 15, Vilnius LT- 10224,
Company code: 302869730
E-mail: [email protected]
The Data Protection Officer:
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: +370 615 66663
1. Information collected during the visit to Dalinuosi.lt
We use “cookies” every time you visit the website. All cookies perform a tracking function and help us to better understand user’s behavior. We use consumers behavior analysis tools to monitor and analyze user’s behavior on the website and to optimize all actions that affect the successful rental of items.
If you do not want us to use tools to collect user information, please enable the “Do Not Track” functionality of your browser. If you have enabled this feature through your browser settings, we do not use any tools to collect user information. For detailed instructions on managing cookies, visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
Tools used in our platform to help to ensure quality service:
- Cookie consent
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Connect
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Connect
- Google Tag Manager
- Facebook Impressions
All used tools do not collect any personal information, tools anonymize IP address information and automatically remove other collected information after 24 months.
2. Information collected during registration, storage and use of information
Only registered community members can use services provided by Dalinuosi.lt. Understanding concerns of owners’ for the security of their belongings, we ask all members of the Dalinuosi.lt community to provide their personal information: e-mail, telephone number and street. This information is not made public.
You can register on the Dalinuosi.lt website by connecting via the Facebook application or by entering your e-mail address and password. After choosing the first path, we ask permission to get the following information from Facebook:
- your name, surname;
- E-mail address;
- profile photo;
- Facebook account ID.
After registration, we will ask you to supplement your personal information before making a leasing transaction or uploading an item for lease. The password information you enter is saved by using the secure password hash feature.
Both registered and unregistered visitors only see names and the city of the owners of items. Other personal information is only disclosed when the lease is in progress. Dalinuosi.lt system forms a lease agreement for each transaction for your convenience in accordance to the personal information provided by you. It is visible on the item’s rental tile and is emailed to both parties to the transaction. Only personal codes and signatures of both parties are lacking from the agreement.
You can edit all personal information on “My information” page https://www.dalinuosi.lt/redaguoti-informacija (this page can only be accessed by registered users).
Your personal information is stored in the Dalinuosi.lt database, to which only employees of Dalinuosi.lt have the right to connect, who have undertaken to protect and not to disclose such information to third parties in the employment agreement. Dalinuosi.lt leases a server from a third party, which is obliged to protect data by an agreement between the two companies.
The data retention period is 1 year since the last log in. After this period, the user’s information is made anonymous.
During registration, requested information is collected with the consent expressed by your active actions (Article 6 (1) (A) of the GDPR).
3. Information requested during the transaction, its use and disclosure
During the lease transaction, both parties – the Lessor of the item and the Lessee – receive contact information in order to coordinate the transfer and return of the item. Contact and residence information of both parties of the agreement are automatically uploaded to the item lease agreement, which is only received by the parties of the agreement. Both parties of the agreement agree that the information in the agreement will not be used for any other purpose. If the agreement contains inaccurate information, lease templates can be downloaded here.
In order to provide the best possible service and ensure security when collecting payments, making payments or refunding money, we use services of the following companies:
We collect the information requested at the time of concluding the agreement with a legitimate interest to properly implement our contractual obligations to the users of Dalinuosi.lt website and to provide the necessary assistance for concluding the lease agreement between the parties of the agreement (Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR).
4. Facebook application
To create a community of sharing people, we encourage our users to share information about rentals and ongoing transactions. Our experience shows that posts in Facebook social network increase the probability of a lease by 60% compared to non-shared items. For this purpose, we use an application that automatically allows to notify friends of Dalinuosi.lt community members about their actions on the platform.
We ask for your permission each time we disseminate information. If you don’t want your item to appear to friends, all you have to do is uncheck the box when you upload or edit the item. Lessee also have an option to share information about the deal to their friends on Facebook. However, if you like the idea of renting things to other friends, we ask you to let us use your help in promoting the project.
Some of our users receive a newsletter with the latest information and offers. The newsletter can be subscribed or unsubscribed by editing personal information on the “My Information” page on the Dalinuosi.lt platform.
Your personal data is collected with your consent for purposes of direct marketing (sending a newsletter) (Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR).
6. Sending a text message
In order for the transaction to take place as soon as possible, we send text messages to both the Lessor and the Lessee. Each time a message is written on the platform, the other party is informed about it by a text message. You can unsubscribe from sending text messages in your Dalinuosi.lt account. We use UAB Paysera LT service LightSMS to send text messages.
7. To whom do we disclose your personal data?
We only transfer your personal data to trusted third parties and only for the purpose of properly processing personal data. Specifically, the data can be transmitted:
In the EEA:
- Our partners who are providing information technology, server rental, electronic communications, accounting, auditing, legal and other services;
- For state supervisory and law enforcement authorities.
Outside the EEA:
- Facebook, Inc. (USA). The data is stored under the “Privacy Shield” program, about which you can read more here.
- Google LLC (USA). Using Google Drive, G SUIT solutions. The data is stored under the “Privacy Shield” program, about which you can read more here.
We will provide all these service providers with only as much of your personal information as is necessary to perform a particular service.
8. How do we protect your personal data?
By processing and storing your personal data, we implement technical and organizational measures to ensure the protection of personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction (eg. We regularly make backups, which are stored in another location than data originals, but still in the European Economic Area territory), modification (eg. by recording (when possible) user actions in our systems where personal data is stored), disclosure, as well as any other unlawful processing. Secure use of Dalinuosi.lt website is ensured by one of the most famous SSL (Secure Socket Layer) certificates in the world. By using SSL certificate, the information sent between the user’s browser and the Dalinuosi.lt server is encrypted. Details of the certificate can be found at www.ssls.com.
Although we take all reasonable steps to protect user information, but none of the service or operation made on the internet or computer system or wireless connection is completely safe. And while we are committed to ensure the protection of the personal data, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of personal data transmitted in our platform. By transmitting any information, you bear all risks associated with its transmission. When your personal data is received, we will apply strict procedures and security measures regarding such data.
9. Your rights
Every data subject, i.e. each of you whose data is processed in our activities, has the following rights to:
- Know (be informed) about the processing of your personal data (Articles 12-14 of the GDPR);
- Access your personal data which is being processed (Article 15 of the GDPR);
- Require to correct inaccurate personal data related to you (Article 16 of the GDPR);
- Require to delete personal data related to you (“right to be forgotten”) (Article 17 of the GDPR).
Attention! You have the right to be forgotten only if it can be justified with one of the following reasons:
- the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- you withdraw consent to process your personal data which the processing is based on and there is no other legal ground for the processing of such data;
- you object to personal data processing pursuant to Article 21 (1) of the GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for such data processing.
- Restrict data processing (Article 18 of the GDPR):
Attention! You have the right to restrict processing of your data only if:
- personal data is inaccurate;
- personal data processing is unlawful, but you oppose the erasure of the personal data;
- the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- you object to personal data processing pursuant to Article 21 (1) of the GDPR if the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of yours
- Transfer your personal data when the processing is based on consent or contract and the data processing is carried out by automated means (Article 20 of the GDPR);
- Object to processing of personal data, on grounds relating to your particular situation when the personal data is processed in the legitimate interest of the controller or a third party, unless, the controller demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims (Article 21 of the GDPR).
Should “Dalinuosi.lt” illegally handle your personal data or fail to implement your rights, you are entitled to submit a complaint to the State Data Protection Inspectorate (L. Sapiegos str. 17, 10312 Vilnius, tel. (+370 5) 271 2804, 279 1445, e-mail [email protected]).
Shall you no longer desire your personal data to be processed for direct marketing purposes or if you have any other request associated with processing of personal data, please send us an e-mail via [email protected]
10. Third Party websites and products on our websites
Dalinuos.lt website may contain third-party billboards, links to their websites and services, which we do not control, and we are not responsible for the security and privacy of information collected by third parties. You must read the privacy policies applied by the third-party websites and services you use.
11. Changes to this policy